1. Title of the practiceFoundation Programme for competitive exams
Objectives of the practice
- To provide the students extra classes of general English, general Hindi, mathematics, and reasoning, so that they are better equipped to face the competitive world.
- Widen the career options for students.
- Personality development program which enhances their interview skills and confidence.
3. The Context
Students of Rajasthan prefer Government jobs as their career objectives reason being job security, salary factors, allowances, and other benefits. The time of the college 9am - 4pm, which creates hurdles for students who want to join a coaching institute for preparation. To overcome this, constrain college is providing free classes in Reasoning, English, Hindi, and Mathematics. It has become trendy that many students choose to pursue graduation and post-graduation along with the preparation of competitive exams.
4. The Practice
Our institution has been one of the initiators for providing extra academic classes within the institution. We have been receiving overwhelming responses from the students during admissions. The classes are free and open for all the streams so they can prepare their base for any of the central or state competitive exams. This unique practice is highly beneficial for the students who belong to outer village areas and are lacking financial resources and conveyance facilities. In Rajasthan, the ratio of women and men in government is highly imbalanced. This practice will help many girls to achieve their dream jobs.
5. Evidence of success
Around 100 students either cleared NET, NET-JRF, LDC, BANK P.O., PATWARI, SBI P.O., DRDO, AGRICULTURE SUPERVISOR, GOVERNMENT TEACHER, RPF RAILWAYS, and various other examinations.
2. Title of the practiceCollaboration with government school for free education
- Objectives of the practices
- Providing free education to the students of government school.
- Fulfill the requirement of teachers in government schools.
- Clear their concepts of basic mathematics, English and Hindi.
2. The Context
A Memorandum of Understanding has been signed on 2.3.2020 between the Principal of Alankar Mahila P.G. Mahavidhyalaya, Jaipur, and HM of Shree Ram Pratap Kataria Government primary school, panchawala, Jaipur in order to adopt the school for one year. During this period, the college will provide study material to the students and free classes on English, Hindi and Maths by the faculties of Alankar College. The college has also made aware the students of primary school about the POCSO Act, hygiene and new education policy.
3. Evidence of Success –
By the end of the session, the children of the primary school were able to read and write in both English and Hindi and able to solve basic operations of Mathematics.