Library & Resources
Alankar MAhila P.G. MAhavidyalaya provides Department wise Book Bank facility to help the needy meritorious students. In our Book Bank Scheme, a set of textbooks are loaned to the students for their use during the academic session. The Book Bank has a separate collection of books other than the library books. Book Bank provides all subject books to the student for completion of annual scheme in the beginning of each academic session, apart from the lending facility from the central library.
RULES FOR BOOK BANK
1. A student may get or loan a maximum of six books from the Book Bank at a time
2. Books will be isssued at the beginning of each session as per the schedule notified for the purpose.
3. Books will be issued for the whole year Student will be required to deposit the books after the completion of the exam as per the schedule notified.
4. The student has to deposit 75% amount of cost of that particular book at the time of issuance of that book which shall be returned after its deposition.
5. A fine will be levied if book will not be returned in 15 days schedule.
6. Students will be responsible for any damage caused for the books.
7. Students are advised to verify the physical condition of the books at time of its lending.
8. If a book is lost the student will be required to pay the current market price of the book.
9. Books will be issued on first come first served basis.
LIBRARY RULES AND REGULATIONS
Library Timings 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
• All students must observe total silence in the library and its environs at all limes.
• All users have to keep their personal bag & books outside the library.
• Use of mobile phone is strictly prohibited in the library .
2. PROCEDURE FOR ISSUING THE BOOKS
• Duration for a book issuing time - 9:00 AM — 11:00 AM and 2:00 PM —3:00 PM.
• Duration for a book returning time 11:00AM —1:00 PM and 3:00 PM-4:00 PM
• The students of graduation courses can get two books at a time issuance. and Postgraduate students can gel three books at a time.
• All borrowed books must be returned in 7 days.
3. THE FOLLOWING MATERIALS CAN ONLY BE USED WITHIN THE LIBRARY
• Reference books
• Journals & Magazines
• Old question papers
• Donated Books
4. DAMAGE & LOSS OF LIBRARY BOOKS
• All students will be held responsible for any damages or loss of library materials in their possession and will be required to meet the cost of the books.
• Users must ensure that the books they borrow are in good condition to avoid being held responsible for any damages noted while returning the books.
• Lost books must be reported to the librarian immediately and replaced or paid for within 10 days.
5. EXCLUSION FROM THE USE OF THE LIBRARY
• The library staff has the right to ask students to leave the library if they are behaving inappropriately or causing disturbance to other students
• Anyone caught marking, defacing or mutilating books or any other library material will be expected to pay for the content with the most current edition of the same.
The college organizes cultural activities on various occasions such as fresher's party, Dandia, Youthfest,"YUVA"(college week), Science and Techno exhibition and co-curricular activities during the session.
Alankar College is recognized for its major concern to all the students and parents about the availability and quality of accommodation and other facilities that's why the college provides following facilities to the students.
- Indoor Stadium
- Swimming Pool
- Conference Room
In order to avoid difficulty for the students to reach from far flung areas,the college provides the facilities of transportation from every nook and corner of the city.The institution has pressed into service,have fleet of buses for students to all corners of the city and rural areas.
Seminar & Workshops
The institution conducts workshops and seminars for BCA & P.G. Courses,So that Students can get immense opportunity to learn from academics and industry experts and they can enable them to set realistic expectations about career options.
The college provides opportunities for students to excel in non academic field such as educational tour,survey and project assignments,industrial visits,botanical garden and Zoological garden visits are regular feature of college programs.
The College Library has Book Bank Scheme for all the students,in which a set of text books are loaned to the students for their use during the academic year.This is the part of inclusive education
Games and Sports
Games and sports activities are also an integral part of the college curriculum to ensure fullest and manifold development of the students enabling them to attain Good physical health,emotional and psycholoical stability and social adjustability.The college has playgrounds for volleyball,Kho-Kho,Badminton,Football,Cricket etc.Students actively participate in organizing games and sports events in order to develop organizational skills and leadership qualities.Annual sports and athletic meet are also conducting by the institution.To keep our students fit and Healthy and to maintain the vigor of body,mind and spirit,swimming clases and Yoga sessions are also being conducted by the college.These activities would always be the regular feature to all the hostel Residents and day scholars through out the year.
We have developed a highly advanced computer lab with latest computers connected in a LAN (Local Area Network).State-of-the-art laboratories for Physics,Zoology,Chemistry,Botany, Geography,Home Science,Psychology and Drawing and painting which are fully Equipped with the latest & modern equipments prescribed as per syllabus of the university.
Hostel Accommodation is available on the campus.It has eco-friendly and pollution free environment.The rooms are airy and spacious.The loving motherly care provided by hostel warden gives security to students.First Aid and 24 hours medical facility is available to resident students.Hostel forms are to be filled and submitted separately in the college office.Hostel has a modern mess and dinning hall with indoor games facility.
Total No of student Registered in Hostel in session 2020-21
Intra State- 271
Inter State-14 (Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh)
To be able to speak and write lucidly and effectively,which is a fast growing need of the time,training in communication skills will prepare you to face interview,participate in group discussion and make a speech or presentation and write reports in proper language.It is mandatory for all the students to attend the communication lab classes.
We have two units of N.S.S. to develop the sense of social responsibility and commitment to the students towards society.This Scheme provides an opportunity to use academic skills in response to social challenges.
Academic club-The club organizes workshops, lectures, seminars and symposia during the academic session to supplement the knowledge.
Entrepreneurship Club-The Club provides motivation and guidance to students to become self reliant and confident to start their own enterprise or business.under this Programme students are taught tailoring food preservation,candle making and beauty tips under the guidance of home science department and alankar girls I.T.I.